- All > Medicine Access and Rational Use > Antimicrobial Drug Resistance
- All > Medicine Access and Rational Use > Rational Use
- Keywords > antimicrobial
- Keywords > antimicrobial resistance (AMR)
- Keywords > antimicrobial resistance surveillance
- Keywords > integrated antimicrobials for human medicine
- Keywords > medicines policy
- Keywords > WHO Advisory Group on Integrated Surveillance of Antimicrobial Resistance (AGISAR)
- Keywords > WHO AMR
(2011; 56 pages)
The 2nd Meeting of the WHO Advisory Group on Integrated Surveillance of Antimicrobial Resistance (WHO-AGISAR) was held in Guelph, Canada, 5-7 June 2010.
This meeting was in follow-up to the 1st WHO-AGISAR meeting held in Copenhagen in June 2009. The overall objectives of this meeting were to:
- Review ongoing regional/national initiatives on antimicrobial usage monitoring and integrated surveillance of antimicrobial resistance.
- Discuss WHO-AGISAR's role in promoting global harmonization of antimicrobial usage monitoring and antimicrobial resistance (building on the above mentioned initiatives).
- Define future work plans for the four WHO-AGISAR working subcommittees (Usage monitoring; AMR surveillance subcommittee; Capacity building, country pilot study and focused projects; Software development and data management)