- Keywords > controlled substances
- Keywords > controlled substances - estimating requirements
- Keywords > Convention on Psychotropic Substances of 1971
- Keywords > international trade law
- Keywords > international treaties
- Keywords > psychotropic substance
- Keywords > use of antidepressants, antipsychotics, etc.
(1971; 42 pages) [Arabic] [Chinese] [French] [Russian] [Spanish]
This Convention establishes an international control system for psychotropic substances. It responded to the diversification and expansion of the spectrum of drugs of abuse and introduced controls over a number of synthetic drugs according to their abuse potential on the one hand and their therapeutic value on the other.