- All > Quality and Safety: Medicines > Quality Assurance
- All > Quality and Safety: Medicines > Regulatory Support
- All > Prequalification of Medicines > WHO-UNICEF-UN Project
- Keywords > African Medicines Regulatory Harmonization (AMRH)
- Keywords > harmonization - medicines registration
- Keywords > harmonization of medicines regulation
- Keywords > International Conference of Drug Regulatory Authorities (ICDRA)
- Keywords > International Conference on Harmonisation (ICH)
- Keywords > international harmonization
- Keywords > medicines registration
- Keywords > medicines regulation
- Keywords > medicines regulatory authority (MRA)
- Keywords > regulation
(2014; 5 pages)
The African Medicines Regulatory Harmonization (AMRH) initiative works with Regional Economic Communities (RECs) to increase access to good quality, safe and effective medicines through harmonizing medicines regulations, and expediting registration of essential medicines.
Encouraging progress has been achieved in the East African Community (EAC), where a harmonized medicines registration system is being set up. Continued advocacy and political support by the New Partnership for Africa’s Development (NEPAD) and technical support by WHO are critical for its continued success.