- All > Medicine Information and Evidence for Policy > Medicines Policy
- All > Medicine Access and Rational Use > Supply Management
- All > Quality and Safety: Medicines > Counterfeit Medicines
- Keywords > access to health services
- Keywords > competition - pharmaceutical sector
- Keywords > drug registration
- Keywords > legislation
- Keywords > parallel importation
- Keywords > patent-protected pharmaceutical products - purchase and import
- Keywords > pharmaceuticals - falsified, counterfeit
- Keywords > Trade Related Aspects of the Intellectual Property Rights (TRIPS)
- Keywords > TRIPS flexibilities
(2006; 11 pages)
The Pharmaceutical Industry plays an important role in the provision of health care in Kenya. Trade in pharmaceuticals also accounts for a substantial portion of the country’s Gross Domestic Product.
Over the last couple of years, there has been a considerable concern among the stakeholders of this industry on the issue of Parallel Importation and Illegal Trade in Pharmaceuticals.