- All > Medicine Information and Evidence for Policy > Information and Publications
- All > Medicine Access and Rational Use > Rational Use
- Keywords > administrative personnel - education
- Keywords > education and training
- Keywords > health centres
- Keywords > health facilities management
- Keywords > health facility planning
- Keywords > health services administration
- Keywords > information, education, and communication (IEC)
- Keywords > organization and management
- Keywords > teaching materials
- Keywords > training - health workers
(1987; 36 pages)
The Ministry of Health, through the Zimbabwe Essential Drugs Action Programme, has produced this module for use by primary health care workers in Zimbabwe. The module aims to provide the minimum necessary knowledge for a nurse at a primary care unit. This material may also be used for the training of other workers.
The material is intended to be used in teaching and upgrading sessions as well as a reference manual.
These modules have been produced because when ZEDAP did a survey in all provinces in February 1987 we found that many primary care units had very few books. We also found that there was a desire by staff to upgrade their skills in a variety of areas.