- All > Quality and Safety: Medicines > Blood Products and Related Biologicals
- All > Quality and Safety: Medicines > Quality Assurance
- All > Prequalification of Medicines > WHO-UNICEF-UN Project
- Keywords > biological standardization
- Keywords > biologicals - manufacture and quality control
- Keywords > biologicals – International Standards and Reference
- Keywords > blood products and related biologicals - quality assurance and safety
- Keywords > Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- Keywords > guidelines and standards
- Keywords > quality assurance
- Keywords > vaccines - production and control
- Keywords > vaccines and related substances
- Keywords > WHO expert committee
(2014; 5 pages)
The Recommendations (previously called Requirements) and Guidelines published by WHO are scientific and advisory in nature but may be adopted by an NRA as national requirements or used as the basis of such requirements.
These international Recommendations are intended to provide guidance to those responsible for the production of biologicals as well as to others who may have to decide upon appropriate methods of assay and control to ensure that these products are safe, reliable and potent. Recommendations concerned with biological substances used in medicine are formulated by international groups of experts and are published in the WHO Technical Report Series...