- All > Medicine Information and Evidence for Policy > Medicines Policy
- All > Medicine Information and Evidence for Policy > Monitoring and Evaluation
- Keywords > access to medicines
- Keywords > ATM-related practices
- Keywords > indicator-based approach
- Keywords > methodology
- Keywords > pharmaceutical company ranking
- Keywords > pharmaceutical industry
- Keywords > pharmaceutical industry - performance
- Keywords > pharmaceutical industry - role
- Keywords > pharmaceutical industry social responsibility
(2013; 76 pages)
As developers and manufacturers of life-saving products, the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies play an important role in improving access to medicine for the world’s poor. Through their own initiatives and in collaboration with other relevant stakeholders such as multi-lateral organisations, governments and the global health community, these companies are increasingly helping to address the access to medicine challenge.
In order to suitably capture the industry’s progress in line with society’s evolving expectations, the Access to Medicine Index methodology is systematically reviewed every two years.
While maintaining as much consistency as possible for the purpose of trend analysis, the methodology is adjusted where needed. This report describes the methodology that will be used for the 2014 Access to Medicine Index, and highlights the refinements made since the previous report.