- Keywords > ethical practices and standards
- Keywords > good governance - pharmaceutical systems
- Keywords > Good Governance for Medicines (GGM)
- Keywords > governance
- Keywords > MeTA - The Medicines Transparency Alliance
- Keywords > pharmaceutical sector
- Keywords > pharmaceutical sector - good governance
- Keywords > pharmaceutical system
- Keywords > pharmaceutical system performance
- Keywords > pharmaceutical systems - effective management
- Keywords > sector farmacéutico
(2011; 28 pages)
Strengthening Pharmaceutical Systems (SPS). Pharmaceuticals and the Public Interest: The Importance of Good Governance. Submitted to the U.S. Agency for International Development by the SPS Program. Arlington, VA: Management Sciences for Health.
The Strengthening Pharmaceutical Systems (SPS) Program has developed this paper to provide US Agency for International Development (USAID) health program managers, country counterparts (including policy makers and health care managers and workers), and other stakeholders with an understanding of how governance issues permeate pharmaceutical management and influence the effectiveness of health programs. The paper also describes examples of interventions related to governance that can strengthen pharmaceutical systems in resource-constrained settings. With this understanding, USAID and country counterparts should be better able to determine ways to improve governance in the pharmaceutical sector, identify opportunities for collaborating with others, and target improvement interventions.