- All > Medicine Information and Evidence for Policy > Information and Publications
- All > Quality and Safety: Medicines > International Nonproprietary Names
- All > Quality and Safety: Medicines > Quality Assurance
- All > Quality and Safety: Medicines > Regulatory Support
- All > Quality and Safety: Medicines > Safety and Efficacy
- All > Quality and Safety: Medicines > The International Pharmacopoeia
- All > WHO Prequalification of Medical Products > WHO-UNICEF-UN Project
(2013; 111 pages)
The third issue for 2013 opens with a feature article describing rapid identification of counterfeit (SSFFC) products using a handheld, portable XRF (X-ray fluorescence technique) instrument. This showed that bromine concentration in falsified drugs was significantly higher than in the authentic drugs.
The section on Safety and Efficacy highlights information on signals and reports of adverse drug reactions, with other news from around the world, including labelling changes. This is complemented by the section on Regulatory Action and News which provides information on recent developments from regulatory authorities, and particularly those having an impact on decision-making and risk assessment.
Recent Publications, Information and Events, provides information and brief summaries of several recently-published documents and online resources.
The Consultation Documents section presents draft International Pharmacopoeia monographs for comment. They cover several proposals on aciclovir and radiopharmaceuticals.
The journal concludes with the 70th Recommended List of International Nonproprietary Names (INN).