- All > Traditional Medicine > Traditional, Complementary and Herbal Medicine
- All > Quality and Safety: Medicines > Quality Assurance
- Keywords > Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- Keywords > good practices in production
- Keywords > Good Practices in Quality Control (GPQC)
- Keywords > herbal medicines
- Keywords > manufacturing standards
- Keywords > quality assurance
- Keywords > quality control
- Keywords > self-inspection
- Keywords > validation and qualification
- Keywords > WHO expert committee
(2006; 22 pages)
The supplementary guidelines are intended to provide WHO Member States with general and minimum technical requirements for quality assurance and control in the manufacture of herbal medicines. Each Member State should develop its own national GMP for manufacturing herbal medicines that are appropriate to the country’s actual situation.
These supplementary guidelines deal exclusively with herbal medicines. Combination of herbal materials with animal materials, mineral materials, chemicals and other substances is not covered in these guidelines.