- All > Medicine Information and Evidence for Policy > Monitoring and Evaluation
- All > Medicine Programme Coordination > Country Pharmaceutical Profiles
- All > Medicine Programme Coordination > Programme Coordination
- Keywords > assessment
- Keywords > country data profile
- Keywords > data collection
- Keywords > evaluation
- Keywords > indicator-based approach
- Keywords > indicators - pharmaceutical assessment
- Keywords > monitoring and evaluation
- Keywords > pharmaceutical country profile
- Keywords > pharmaceutical sector - assessment
- Keywords > Pharmaceutical Situation Assessment (PSA)
(2010; 52 pages)
This 2010 Pharmaceutical Country Profile for Argentina has been produced by the Ministry of Health with support of the World Health Organization.
This Pharmaceutical Country Profile provides data on structures, processes and outcomes of the pharmaceutical sector of Argentina. The aim is to put together existing information and to make all relevant information on the pharmaceuticals sector available to the public in a user-friendly format. In 2010, country profiles similar to this one have been developed for 13 pilot countries. During 2011, the World Health Organization plans to support all WHO Member States to develop similar country profiles.
The information is categorized in 9 sections, namely:
- Health and Demographic data,
- Health Services,
- Policy Issues,
- Medicines Trade and Production
- Medicines Regulation,
- Medicines Financing,
- Pharmaceutical procurement and distribution,
- Selection and rational use, and
- Household data/access.
The indicators have been divided into two categories, namely "core" (most important) and "supplementary" (useful if available). The narrative profile is based only on the core indicators; while the tables in the annexes present all indicators. For each piece of information, we have tried to indicate the year and source of the data; these are used to build the references in the profile and are also indicated in the tables. If key national documents are available on-line, links are provided to the source documents so that the user can easily access these documents.