- Keywords > health centres
- Keywords > inventory management
- Keywords > management of drugs
- Keywords > medical supplies
- Keywords > medical supply management
- Keywords > quantification
- Keywords > stock management
- Keywords > storage
- Keywords > storage of essential medicines
- Keywords > training materials
- Keywords > stockage
(2009; 74 pages)
During the Alma-Ata conference of 1978, the availability and accessibility of essential drugs were reaffirmed as basic components of primary health care. Since the establishment of the Bhutan Essential Drugs Programme (EDP) in 1986, many efforts have been made towards ensuring regular access to essential drugs. However, available drugs need to be well managed in order to meet public health needs. Appropriate management of medical supplies within an appropriate policy and legal framework contributes significantly to getting the maximum output of limited resources available for essential drugs.
This manual has been revised a number of times in consultation with all relevant stakeholders. It is hoped that this manual will serve as a useful tool for management of medical supplies, particularly for those health workers who have had no formal training in supplies management.