- Keywords > antiretroviral therapy (ART)
- Keywords > antiretrovirals
- Keywords > HAART (Highly Active Anti-Retroviral Therapy)
- Keywords > HIV - mother-to-child transmission (MTCT)
- Keywords > HIV/AIDS related treatment
- Keywords > HIV/AIDS-related drugs
- Keywords > national treatment guidelines
- Keywords > opportunistic infections and other HIV-related
- Keywords > Standard Treatment Guidelines
- Keywords > treatment guidelines
(2008; 149 pages)
Revision of the 2005 Botswana Guidelines on Antiretroviral Treatment has been a major collaborative endeavor, involving the time, dedication, and expertise of many major stakeholders. The members of the Committee for the Clinical Care of HIV/AIDS in Botswana represent a spectrum of important participants in the country’s HIV/AIDS programs, including the Ministry of Health, the private sector, partner institutions, and medical aid schemes.
The Committee has organized Botswana’s HIV/AIDS Guidelines into a comprehensive document, integrating into it the principles of ARV therapy, prevention, testing, STI management, PMTCT, failure management, HIV/TB coinfection, and OI treatment. Pediatric and adolescent issues in HIV/AIDS care have been given special emphasis.
The Ministry of Health will work with the committee to disseminate these guidelines, as well to provide practitioner training on the changes therein. In addition, the Ministry of Health looks forward to working with the Committee in monitoring and evaluating clinic and practitioner application of these guidelines.