- All > Public Health, Innovation, Intellectual Property and Trade > Intellectual Property (IP) and Trade
- Keywords > Doha Declaration
- Keywords > General Agreement on Trade in Services (GATS)
- Keywords > globalization
- Keywords > innovation and intellectual property
- Keywords > intellectual property
- Keywords > Intellectual Property Rights (IPR)
- Keywords > trade
- Keywords > Trade Related Aspects of the Intellectual Property Rights (TRIPS)
- Keywords > TRIPS Agreement
- Keywords > TRIPS flexibilities
(2009; 162 pages)
SPS, TRIPS, trade-distorting subsidies, Doha Paragraph Six … The language of trade and health is specialized and may seem obscure. But though the language may be daunting, international trade agreements now being negotiated affect all of us, and health professionals in particular need to master the terminology if they are to participate in the national debate on trade and health. This reference guide consists of a basic dictionary of selected terms and several briefing notes that elaborate some of the issues.
As well as the dictionary and briefing notes developed by WHO headquarters or regional offices, this reference guide also includes selected resolutions bearing on public health, intellectual property and/or international trade. These materials, many already published in other forms, are brought together for the first time in one place. The guide is intended as a starting point for those interested in but not familiar with the trade and health area. Further reading sections are included at the end of most briefing notes.