- All > Medicine Access and Rational Use > Supply Management
- All > Medicine Programme Coordination > Human Resources for Pharmaceutical Sector
- Keywords > central medical store
- Keywords > distribution chain
- Keywords > human resources for health - distribution
- Keywords > management of drugs
- Keywords > medicine distribution
- Keywords > pharmaceutical services
- Keywords > planning resources
- Keywords > procurement of medicines
- Keywords > Strategic Plan
- Keywords > distribución de medicamentos
(2011; 96 pages)
The Pharmaceutical Services embodies all activities relating to procurement, storage, and distribution of pharmaceuticals, supplies and administration of Pharmaceutical Care to clients.
This department incorporates the Central Medical Stores, all Hospitals and Health Centers under two program heads, Central Medical Stores (661) and Pharmaceutical Services (662). Central Medical Stores (CMS) plays a vital role in the quest of the Ministry of Health and the Environment to address the health needs of the population of St. Vincent and the Grenadines. The department performs activities geared to ensuring availability of supplies to public health institutions and handles customs clearance for other departments under the Ministry of Health and the Environment. Central Medical Stores is charged with the responsibility to procure, manage, prepare, and distribute all pharmaceuticals and medical supplies for use within the public health sector. The vision of the Pharmaceutical Service is to have sufficient competencies to ensure that there are appropriate drugs and medical supplies of good quality, in the right place, at the right time and at the right price and the services must be very efficient...