- All > Medicine Access and Rational Use > Financing
- All > Medicine Access and Rational Use > Supply Management
(2009; 38 pages)
This case study was produced by Project Resource Mobilization and Awareness (“Project RMA”), whose three organizational partners are Population Action International (PAI), the German Foundation for World Population (DSW) and the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF). The Project is funded for the period from October 2006 to April 2010.
Project RMA partners operate at the global, regional and national levels, working in synchronicity with each other and with the project’s overarching goal, which is “to increase tangible financial and political commitment to sustainable reproductive health supplies through international coordination and support of national advocacy strategy development and implementation in developing countries.” Project RMA has three central objectives:
- Promote a supportive political environment for reproductive health (RH) supplies by enabling civil society organizations (CSO) and networks to engage in advocacy at the international and regional levels in a comprehensive and coordinated manner.
- Create a supportive political and financial environment for improving access to RH supplies at the regional level.
- Strengthen national level advocacy on RH commodities supplies in six partner countries in the global south.
The Project adopts the definition of reproductive health supplies established by the Reproductive Health Supplies Coalition, which is: “…any material or consumable needed to provide reproductive health services...