(2008; 117 pages)
The Vision developed by the Second Health Sector Strategic Plan 2008-2015 (HSP2) is “to enhance sustainable development of the health sector for better health and well-being of all Cambodian, especially of the poor, women and children, thereby contributing to poverty alleviation and socio-economic development.”
In the Health Sector, the Mission of the Ministry of Health is “to provide stewardship for the entire health sector and to ensure supportive environment for increased demand and equitable access to quality health services in order that all the peoples of Cambodia are able to achieve the highest level of health and well-being.”
A value-based commitment of the Ministry of Health is Equity and the Right to Health for all Cambodians.
The day-to-day activities of health managers and staff in all areas throughout the organizations at all levels should be guided by five working principles:
- social health protection, especially for the poor and vulnerable groups;
- client focused approach to health service delivery;
- integrated approach to high quality health service delivery and public health interventions;
- human resources management as the cornerstone for health system; and
- good governance and accountability.