Implementing Pharmacovigilance in Suriname, 2006-2009
(2009; 28 pages)

Abstract

Suriname established a Pharmacovigilance Centre in 2006, following a training course organized by PAHO/WHO on the implementation of Pharmacovigilance in HIV/AIDS Programs for the Caribbean countries, in September of the same year.

The course was one of the results of the European Union/World Health Organization Project Africa, Caribbean and Pacific “Partnership on Pharmaceutical Policies”. The main responsibilities of the Centre are collecting, analyzing and processing adverse drug reactions. The Pharmacovigilance centre processed over 260 reports between 2006 and 2009, almost half of which (60%) regard spontaneous reports of adverse drug reactions by health care workers and the other part (40%) are collected actively from the National AIDS Programme

 
The WHO Essential Medicines and Health Products Information Portal was designed and is maintained by Human Info NGO. Last updated: June 25, 2014