- Keywords > human resources
- Keywords > infrastructure - building site infrastructure
- Keywords > inventory management system
- Keywords > layout planning
- Keywords > material handling equipment
- Keywords > racking systems
- Keywords > storage
- Keywords > warehouse - self-assessment
- Keywords > warehouse management system
- Keywords > stockage
(2005; 110 pages)
John Snow, Inc./DELIVER. 2005. Guidelines for Warehousing Health Commodities. Arlington, Va.: John Snow, Inc./DELIVER, for the U.S. Agency for International Development.
These guidelines were written for anyone trying to meet and solve the challenges of operating a warehouse today. They are an important reference tool for managers and staff, whether they are constructing a new warehouse, implementing a new warehouse system, or redesigning their current system.
The guidelines consist of four sections—human resource, layout planning, racking systems and material handling equipment, and warehouse management system. The text is augmented by detailed illustrations, including a proposed organogram for staff. Guidelines for Warehousing Health Commodities provides up-to-date information on all aspects of warehousing.