(1997; 175 pages)
3. Cross national analysis: What can be learnt at this stage?
During the last session of the workshop the participants reviewed what could be learnt from the comparative nature of the research. They tried to achieve the following:
• discuss the extent to which the methodologies successfully accomplished this cross national comparison;
• identify and substantiate strengths and weaknesses of existing policy from cross national perspectives;
• propose explanations for cross national variations in performance; and
• identify specific policy innovations from cross national learning that can improve the implementation of pharmaceutical policies.
The conclusions presented below are preliminary and need further analysis.