(1997; 175 pages)
1. Aim and objectives
The aim of the workshop was to review the results of the different research projects, to solve methodological problems and to prepare a plan for the finalization and dissemination of the research findings.
The specific objectives were:
• To provide methodological support to the research teams in order to improve the research findings.
• To review the results in relation to the overall research objectives, namely:
- to identify strengths, weaknesses, and political dimensions of pharmaceutical policy formulation and implementation within each country;
- to propose explanations for cross national variations in performance; and
- to propose effective strategies, both national and international, that can improve pharmaceutical policy implementation.
• To prepare a plan for the next steps, including the dissemination of the findings.