(1998; 17 pages)
Annex 1: Presentations2
2 All presentations are available on request from the documentation centre of the Department of Essential Drugs and Other Medicines (EDM) (formerly Action Programme on Essential Drugs).
1. Ethical and regulatory aspects of self-care and self-medication. J. Ferguson (UK).
2. Health-care problems and opportunities related to self-care and self-medication. R. Laing (USA).
3. Guiding principles and functions for pharmacists. F. Martin (Canada).
4. Pharmacists’ capacity building in self-care and self-medication. M. Murray (Australia).
5. The role of the pharmacist in self-care and self-medication. M. Torongo (Zimbabwe).
6. The manufacturers’ point of view. S. Kelly (WSMI).
7. The consumers’ point of view. E. ‘t Hoen (HAI).
8. Country experiences:
• of Australia (Mr J. Bell)
• of Thailand (Mrs S. Hutangkabodee)
• of Singapore (Mrs S. M. Chang)
• of Ghana (Mrs E. Osei)
• of Côte d’Ivoire (Prof. H. Die-Kacou)