Vial with dry medicine to be dissolved, syringe with the right amount of solvent, needle of right size (iv, sc or iv) on syringe, disinfectant, injection needle, gauze.
1. Wash hands.
2. Disinfect the rubber cap (top) of the vial containing the dry medicine.
3. Insert the needle into the vial, hold the whole upright.
4. Suck up as much air as the amount of solvent already in the syringe.
5. Inject only the fluid into the vial, not the air!
7. Turn the vial upside-down.
8. Inject the air into the vial (creating pressure).
9. Aspirate the total amount of solution (no air).
10. Remove any air from the syringe.
11. Clean up; dispose of waste safely; wash hands.