- Keywords > appropriate treatment
- Keywords > diagnosis and treatment
- Keywords > Good Prescribing Practice (GPP)
- Keywords > prescribing
- Keywords > prescribing practices - based on standard treatment guidelines
- Keywords > rational prescribing of medicines
- Keywords > selection of medicines
- Keywords > teaching - prescribing
(1994; 115 pages) [Arabic] [Bengali; Bangla] [French] [Korean] [Romanian] [Russian] [Spanish]
CHECKLIST 2. Aspirating from a vial
Vial with required drug or solution, syringe of the appropriate size, needle of right size (im, sc, or iv) on syringe, disinfectant, gauze.
1. Wash your hands.
2. Disinfect the top of the vial.
3. Use a syringe with a volume of twice the required amount of drug or solution and add the needle.
4. Suck up as much air as the amount of solution needed to aspirate.
5. Insert needle into (top of) vial and turn upside-down.
6. Pump air into vial (creating pressure).
7. Aspirate the required amount of solution and 0.1 ml extra. Make sure the tip of the needle is below the fluid surface.
8. Pull the needle out of the vial.
9. Remove possible air from the syringe.
10. Clean up; dispose of waste safely; wash your hands.