- Keywords > appropriate treatment
- Keywords > diagnosis and treatment
- Keywords > Good Prescribing Practice (GPP)
- Keywords > prescribing
- Keywords > prescribing practices - based on standard treatment guidelines
- Keywords > rational prescribing of medicines
- Keywords > selection of medicines
- Keywords > teaching - prescribing
(1994; 115 pages) [Arabic] [Bengali; Bangla] [French] [Korean] [Romanian] [Russian] [Spanish]
CHECKLIST 1. Aspirating from ampoules (glass, plastic)
Syringe of appropriate size, needle of required size, ampoule with required drug or solution, gauze.
1. Wash your hands.
2. Put the needle on the syringe.
3. Remove the liquid from the neck of the ampoule by flicking it or swinging it fast in a downward spiralling movement.
4. File around the neck of the ampoule.
5. Protect your fingers with gauze if ampoule is made of glass.
6. Carefully break off the top of the ampoule (for a plastic ampoule twist the top).
7. Aspirate the fluid from the ampoule.
8. Remove any air from the syringe.
9. Clean up; dispose of working needle safely; wash your hands.