- Keywords > appropriate treatment
- Keywords > diagnosis and treatment
- Keywords > Good Prescribing Practice (GPP)
- Keywords > prescribing
- Keywords > prescribing practices - based on standard treatment guidelines
- Keywords > rational prescribing of medicines
- Keywords > selection of medicines
- Keywords > teaching - prescribing
(1994; 115 pages) [Arabic] [Bengali; Bangla] [French] [Korean] [Romanian] [Russian] [Spanish]
CHECKLIST 9. Suppository
1. Wash your hands.
2. Remove the covering (unless too soft).
3. If the suppository is too soft let it harden first by cooling it (fridge or hold under cold running water, still packed!) then remove covering.
4. Remove possible sharp rims by warming in the hand.
5. Moisten the suppository with cold water.
6. Lie on your side and pull up your knees.
7. Gently insert the suppository, rounded end first, into the back passage.
8. Remain lying down for several minutes.
9. Wash your hands.
10. Try not to have a bowel movement during the first hour.