(1994; 115 pages) [French] [Spanish]
CHECKLIST 12. Applying vaginal creams, ointments and gels
(most of these drugs come with an applicator)
1. Wash your hands.
2. Remove the cap from the tube containing the drug.
3. Screw the applicator to the tube.
4. Squeeze the tube until the required amount is in the applicator.
5. Remove the applicator from the tube (hold the cylinder).
6. Apply a small amount of cream to the outside of the applicator.
7. Lie on your back, draw your knees up and spread them apart.
8. Gently insert the applicator into the vagina as far as possible, do NOT use force.
9. Hold the cylinder and with the other hand push the plunger down thus inserting the drug into the vagina.
10. Withdraw the applicator from the vagina.
11. Discard the applicator if disposable or clean thoroughly (boiled water) if not.
12. Wash your hands.
Steps 4 and 5
Steps 7 and 8