(1994; 115 pages) [French] [Spanish]
CHECKLIST 1. Eye drops
1. Wash your hands.
2. Do not touch the dropper opening.
3. Look upward.
4. Pull the lower eyelid down to make a ‘gutter’.
5. Bring the dropper as close to the ´gutter' as possible without touching it or the eye.
6. Apply the prescribed amount of drops in the ‘gutter’.
7. Close the eye for about two minutes. Do not shut the eye too tight.
8. Excess fluid can be removed with a tissue.
9. If more than one kind of eye-drop is used wait at least five minutes before applying the next drops.
10. Eye-drops may cause a burning feeling but this should not last for more than a few minutes. If it does last longer consult a doctor or pharmacist.
Steps 4 and 5
When giving eye-drops to children:
1. Let the child lie back with head straight.
2. The child's eyes should be closed.
3. Drip the amount of drops prescribed into the corner of the eye.
4. Keep the head straight.
5. Remove excess fluid.