- Medicine Information and Evidence for Policy > Information and Publications
- Medicine Access and Rational Use > Rational Use
(2005; 165 pages)
5.10 Key messages for starting a drug bulletin
• Identify the bulletin’s target audience.
• Find out what is available locally and establish links with local organizations.
• Identify your additional needs.
• Assess what resources are available.
• Based on these assessments, set priorities for what you need and want to achieve.
• Be realistic and begin modestly.
• It is often possible to manage a good quality bulletin with modest resources.
• Sources of funding should not compromise the bulletin’s editorial independence.
• The key to success is motivation and commitment. Identify ways of keeping a core group of people motivated and involved in the bulletin.