- Medicine Information and Evidence for Policy > Information and Publications
- Medicine Access and Rational Use > Rational Use
(2005; 165 pages)
13.3.6 Collaborative research among bulletins
Bulletins can collaborate for research. Box 13.2 contains examples of such collaborative work.
Box 13.2 Results of collaborative research among drug bulletins
• “Judging the therapeutic value of drugs: a comparison between la revue Prescrire and Information fran Lakemedelsverket, the bulletin of the Swedish Medical Products Agency” International Journal of Risk & Safety in Medicine 2004;16:83-90.
• “Prescribing information in 26 countries: a comparative study” Eur J Clin Pharmacol 2003; 59: 263-270. Collaborative study by WHO, Institut Català de Farmacologia, Istituto Mario Negri and ISDB.
• “An ISDB survey (23 bulletins) to assess the degree of transparency of drug regulatory agencies” International Journal of Risk & Safety in Medicine 1996;9:151-155.
• “An international survey of quality control procedures in independent drug bulletins” Poster 1996.
• “How informed general practitioners manage mild hypertension: a survey of readers of drug bulletins in 7 countries” Eur J Clin Pharmacol 1996;49:445-450.
• ISDB survey on “Which books are essential for bulletins?” by 15 bulletins, five of them in developing countries ISDB Newsletter July 1995.