A stores requisition/delivery (issue) form should accompany any supply made from the medical stores. Health centres normally receive their drug supplies from central, regional or health services area medical stores. In very rare cases they may obtain drugs from other sources.
• Supplies are issued on the basis of request made to the medical store by the health centre on an approved stores requisition/delivery (issue) form.
• The request should not be excessive and should preferably ask for quantities that can be used in between delivery times.
• The quantity of drugs requested is made in the appropriate column of the form and is sent to the medical store from which drugs are supplied.
• The request is made on the basis of approved delivery time, time frame or in emergency.
• The quantities of drugs delivered or issued from the medical stores should be entered in the appropriate column of the form.
The records of requisition and receipt of drugs from the medical store are kept in the health centre in an approved manner.
The delivery note from the central medical store should indicate what has been supplied as indicated in the stores requisition/delivery (issue) form.