Good arrangement facilitates dispensing work. Practise the following:
• Retain a daily drug use record in the dispensary.
• Provide a table for dispensing drugs.
• To facilitate work, do not overcrowd the dispensing table.
• Arrange documents in an orderly manner on the table, away from the dispensing area.
• Clean after each use tablet counters and place within easy reach on the table.
• Avoid dispensing wrong drugs by arranging drugs on the table in alphabetical order so that the drug being dispensed is not confused with another.
• Always close drug containers from which drugs are not being dispensed to prevent spillage or dispensing the wrong drug.