(2004; 45 pages)
Planning for review
The NF will need reviewing and updating in the future due to:
- changes in the list of medicines to be included;
- newly published evidence and changes to treatment guidelines;
- more information becoming known about medicines e.g. side-effects;
- mistakes made in the previous edition of the formulary; and
- changes in government health policy affecting local information.
Some of these changes may be obvious, for example release of a new national EML list. Others are more subtle and may not be immediately obvious, for example, adjustments in prescribing policies leading to changes in the availability of medicines in different types of health facilities.