(2004; 6 pages) [French] [Spanish]
*World Health Organization. Traditional Medicine -Growing Needs and Potential. Geneva: WHO, 2002 (WHO Policy Perspectives on Medicines n°2) (WHO/EDM/2002.4).
* World Health Organization. Globalization, TRIPS and Access to Pharmaceuticals. Geneva: WHO, 2001 (WHO Policy Perspectives on Medicines n°3) (WHO/EDM/2001.2).
* World Health Organization. The Selection of Essential Medicines. Geneva: WHO, 2002 (WHO Policy Perspectives on Medicines n°4) (WHO/EDM/2002.2). * World Health Organization. Promoting Rational Use of Medicines: Core Components. Geneva: WHO, 2002 (WHO Policy Perspectives on Medicines n°5) (WHO/EDM/2002.3).
* World Health Organization. How to Develop and Implement a National Drug Policy. Geneva: WHO, 2003 (WHO Policy Perspective on Medicines n°6) (WHO/EDM/2002.5).
* World Health Organization. Effective Medicines Regulation: ensuring safety, efficacy and quality, Geneva: WHO, 2003 (WHO Policy Perspective on Medicines n°7) (WHO/EDM/2003.2).
Management Sciences for Health/World Health Organization. Managing Drug Supply. 2nd edition revised and expanded. West Hartford, CT: Kumarian Press, 1997.
*World Health Organization. Public-Private Roles in the Pharmaceutical Sector. Implications for Equitable Access and Rational Drug Use. Health Economics and Drugs, DAP Series No. 5. Geneva: WHO, 1997 (WHO/DAP/97.12).
* World Health Organization. Health Reform and Drug Financing: Selected Topics. Health Economics and Drugs. DAP Series No. 6. Geneva: WHO, 1998 (WHO/DAP/98.3).
*World Health Organization. Web site: “Fact Sheet on: Drug Price information Services. What is WHO doing to improve drug prices?” http://www.who.int/medicines/organization/par/ipc/drugpriceinfo.shtml
World Health Organization. World Pharmaceutical Situation. Geneva: WHO, 2003 (forthcoming).
The documents marked with * are also available on http://www.who.int/medicines/
Contacts at WHO Regional Offices:
Regional Office for Africa:
Regional Office for the Americas:
Regional Office for the Eastern Mediterranean:
Regional Office for Europe:
Regional Office for South-East Asia:
Regional Office for the Western Pacific:
Contacts at WHO Headquarters:
Essential Drugs and Medicines Policy Health Technology
Dr Hans Hogerzeil
Dr Lembit Rägo
Dr Germán Velásquez
Dr Xiaorui Zhang
© World Health Organization 2004. All rights reserved. Publications of the World Health Organization can be obtained from Marketing and Dissemination, World Health Organization, 20 Avenue Appia, 1211 Geneva 27, Switzerland (tel: +41 22 791 2476; fax: +41 22 791 4857; email: email@example.com).
The designations employed and the presentation of the material in this publication do not imply the expression of any opinion whatsoever on the part of the World Health Organization concerning the legal status of any country, territory, city or area or of its authorities, or concerning the delimitation of its frontiers or boundaries. Dotted lines on maps represent approximate border lines for which there may not yet be full agreement.
The World Health Organization does not warrant that the information contained in this publication is complete and correct and shall not be liable for any damages incurred as a result of its use.