- Medicine Access and Rational Use > Financing
- Medicine Access and Rational Use > Pricing
- Public Health, Innovation, Intellectual Property and Trade > Intellectual Property (IP) and Trade
- Keywords > antiretrovirals
- Keywords > compulsory licences
- Keywords > cost containment
- Keywords > cost/effectiveness - medicines
- Keywords > EDM series
- Keywords > health economics
- Keywords > licensing system
- Keywords > price - control
- Keywords > prices / pricing policy
- Keywords > Trade Related Aspects of the Intellectual Property Rights (TRIPS)
(2003; 30 pages) [French] [Spanish]
Registration requirements may pose obstacles to the speedy distribution of needed medicines. While considering the issuance of a compulsory licence, steps should be taken to ensure that such obstacles do not exist or are overcome.
China has recently introduced an exclusivity period of protection for test data (Article 35 of the Implementing regulations of the Drug Administration Law) which would only apply to products containing new chemical entities.