1. Haynes RB. Interventions for helping patients to follow prescriptions for medications. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, 2001 Issue 1.
2. Sackett D et al. Patient compliance with antihypertensive regimens. Patient Counselling & Health Education, 1978, 11: 18-21.
3. Bovet P et al. Monitoring one-year compliance to antihypertension medication in the Seychelles. Bulletin of the World Health Organization, 2002, 80: 33-39.
4. Graves JW. Management of difficult-to-control hypertension Mayo Clinic Proceedings, 2000, 75: 278-284 [erratum published in Mayo Clinical Proceedings, 2000, 75: 542].
5. van der Sande MA et al. Blood pressure patterns and cardiovascular risk factors in rural and urban Gambian communities. Journal of Human Hypertension, 2000, 14: 489-496.
6. Guo H, He H, Jiang J. [Study on the compliance of antihypertensive drugs in patients with hypertension.] [Chinese] Chung-Hua Liu Hsing Ping Hsueh Tsa Chih [Chinese Journal of Epidemiology], 2001, 22: 418-420.
7. Anonymous. Critical overview of antihypertensive therapies: what is preventing us from getting there? Based on a presentation by Mark A. Munger, PharmD. American Journal of Managed Care, 2000, 6 (4 Suppl): S211-S221.
8. Demyttenaere K. Noncompliance with antidepressants: who's to blame? International Clinical Psychopharmacology, 1998, 13 (Suppl 2): S19-S25.
9. Reid D et al. Management and treatment perceptions among young adults with asthma in Melbourne: the Australian experience from the European Community Respiratory Health Survey. Respirology, 2000, 5: 281-287.
10. Markowitz AJ, Winawer SJ. Screening and surveillance for colorectal cancer. Seminars in Oncology, 1999, 26: 485-498.
11. Stein MD et al. Adherence to antiretroviral therapy among HIV-infected methadone patients: effect of ongoing illicit drug use. American Journal of Drug & Alcohol Abuse, 2000, 26: 195-205.
12. Laine C et al. Adherence to antiretroviral therapy by pregnant women infected with human immunodeficiency virus: a pharmacy claims-based analysis. Obstetrics & Gynecology, 2000, 95: 167-173.
13. The World Health Report 2002: Reducing Risks, Promoting Healthy Life. Geneva, World Health Organization, 2002.
14. Murray CJL, Lopez A. The global burden of disease. Geneva, World Health Organization, 1996.
15. Timmreck TC, Randolph JF. Smoking cessation: clinical steps to improve compliance. Geriatrics, 1993, 48: 63 - 66.
16. Farmer KC. Methods for measuring and monitoring medication regimen adherence in clinical trials and clinical practice. Clinical Therapeutics, 1999, 21: 1074 - 1090.
17. Robinson KM. Family caregiving: who provides the care, and at what cost? Nurse Economics, 1997, 15: 243-247.