Collaboration between NGOs and WHO
• Experiences of NGOs in collaboration with WHO in drug distribution and supply.
• Comparative advantages of NGOs collaborating with WHO programmes in drug distribution and supply.
• Efficiency of NGOs in drug distribution and supply.
In-country distribution of drugs
• Management of import, port clearance, transportation and distribution of drugs. Planning, building and management of storage and health facilities.
• Securing regular flow, proper storage and provision of adequate stock.
• Coordination with other agencies.
• Percentage of drugs distributed by NGOs.
Selection, procurement and management support
• Management of information and human resources.
• Financing of drugs and drug distribution.
• Selection and buying of drugs.
• Procurement: managing procurement, quantifying drug requirements, securing quality assurance and handling of drug donations.
Impact of other stakeholders on WHO and NGO collaboration in drug distribution
• Government and government institutions.
• The UN system.
• Other stakeholders.