1. Carrieri MP et al. (2003). Impact of early versus late adherence to highly active antiretroviral therapy on immuno-virological response: a 3-year follow-up study. Antiviral Therapy 8:1-198.
2. Chesney MA (2000). Factors affecting adherence to antiretroviral therapy Clinical Infectious Diseases, 30(Suppl 2):S171-6 2000.
3. DiMatteo MR (2004). Variations in patients' adherence to medical recommendations. A quantitative review of 50 years of research Med Care, 42:200-209.
4. Ferradini L et al. (2006). Scaling up of highly active antiretroviral therapy in a rural district of Malawi: an effectiveness assessment. Lancet, 367:1335-42.
5. Gill CJ et al. (2005). No room for complacency about adherence to antiretroviral therapy in sub-Saharan Africa. AIDS, 19:1243-1249.
6. Haynes RB et al. Interventions for enhancing medication adherence. The Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2005, Issue 4. Art. No.: CD000011. DOI: 10.1002/14651858. CD000011. pub2.
7. O'Brien SJ et al. (2000). Polygenic and multifactorial disease gene association in man: lessons from AIDS. Annuf Genetics, 34: 563-91.
8. Paterson DL et al. (2000). Adherence to protease inhibitor therapy and outcomes in patients with HIV infection. Annals of Internal Medicine, 133:21-30.
9. Strawford A, Hellerstein M (1998). The etiology of wasting in the human immunodeficiency virus and acquired immunodeficiency syndrome. Seminars in Oncology, 25 April, (Suppl6):76-81.
10. UN General Assembly Special Session (UNGASS) on HIV/AIDS, 2006. Final Draft Political Declaration. 2 June 2006. Para 28. Available at: http://www.ungasshiv.org
11. UNAIDS. Progress made in the implementation of the Declaration of Commitment on HIV/AIDS. Report of the Secretary General. New York, United Nations, 2005.
12. UNAIDS. 2006 Report on the gobal AIDS epidemic. Geneva, United Nations Joint Programme on HIV/AIDS, 2006. http://www.unaids.org/en/HIV data/2006GlobalReport/default.asp
13. Vermeire E et al. (2001). Patient adherence to treatment: three decades of research. A comprehensive review. Journal of Clinical Pharmacy and Therapeutics, 26: 331-342.