- Traditional Medicine > Traditional, Complementary and Herbal Medicine
- Quality and Safety: Medicines > Safety and Efficacy
(1993; 94 pages)
SELECTION OF RESEARCH PROJECTS
Research projects should be selected with due consideration for several factors in addition to scientific interest. Three of these are:
(1) potential value of the research results for improving the health of the community with due regard to the prevalence of disease and the feasibility of using alternative treatments;
(2) the medical value of indigenous plants;
(3) technical and financial considerations.