- Keywords > Clinical Practice Guidelines (CPGs)
- Keywords > criteria of medicines selection
- Keywords > HIV infection and STIs
- Keywords > opportunistic infections and other HIV-related
- Keywords > reproductive tract infections
- Keywords > sexual and reproductive health
- Keywords > sexually transmitted infections (STIs)
- Keywords > treatment guidelines
- Keywords > treatment protocols
(2004; 88 pages)
• Management should include consultation with an expert
• Pap smear
• No TCA or podophyllin
Treatment of cervical warts should not be started until the results from a cervical smear test are known.
Most experts advise against the use of podophyllin or trichloroacetic acid for cervical warts. One of the alternative therapies listed above should therefore be used.