- Keywords > Clinical Practice Guidelines (CPGs)
- Keywords > criteria of medicines selection
- Keywords > HIV infection and STIs
- Keywords > opportunistic infections and other HIV-related
- Keywords > reproductive tract infections
- Keywords > sexual and reproductive health
- Keywords > sexually transmitted infections (STIs)
- Keywords > treatment guidelines
- Keywords > treatment protocols
(2004; 88 pages)
First clinical episode
• acyclovir, 200mg orally, 5 times daily for 7 days.
• acyclovir, 400mg orally, 3 times daily for 7 days
• famciclovir, 250mg, 3 times daily for 7 days
• valaciclovir, 1g, 2 times daily for 7 days
Treatment can be expected to reduce the formation of new lesions, the duration of pain, the time required for healing, and viral shedding. However, it does not appear to influence the natural history of recurrent disease.