- Keywords > Clinical Practice Guidelines (CPGs)
- Keywords > criteria of medicines selection
- Keywords > HIV infection and STIs
- Keywords > opportunistic infections and other HIV-related
- Keywords > reproductive tract infections
- Keywords > sexual and reproductive health
- Keywords > sexually transmitted infections (STIs)
- Keywords > treatment guidelines
- Keywords > treatment protocols
(2004; 88 pages)
3.3. Lymphogranuloma venereum
Results of controlled trials on the treatment of lymphogranuloma venereum have not been published, and recommendations are based on expert opinion.
• doxycycline, 100mg orally, twice daily for 14 days
• erythromycin, 500mg orally, 4 times daily for 14 days.
• tetracycline, 500mg orally, 4 times daily for 14 days
• Tetracyclines are contraindicated in pregnancy.
• Fluctuant lymph nodes should be aspirated through healthy skin. Incision and drainage or excision of nodes may delay healing. Some patients with advanced disease may require treatment for longer than 14 days, and sequelae such as strictures and/or fistulae may require surgery.