- Medicine Access and Rational Use > Primary Health Care
- Traditional Medicine > Traditional, Complementary and Herbal Medicine
(1995; 146 pages)
1. Bannerman, Robert H., "The Role of Traditional Medicine in Primary Health Care," Traditional Medicine and Health Care Coverage." World Health Organization, Geneva, pp 318-327, 1983.
2. World Health Organization, The promotion and development of traditional medicine. WHO, Geneva, Technical Report Series No. 622, 1978.
3. World Health Organization, UNICEF, Primary Health Care: Report of International Conference on Primary Health Care, Alma Ata, WHO, Geneva, 1978.
4. West, Kathleen M., "Practices of Untrained TBAs and Support for TBA Training and Utilization," in Mangay-Maglacas, A. & Pizurki, H., (Eds), The Traditional Birth Attendant in Seven Countries. World Health Organization, Geneva, 1981.
5. Hakim, Sobhi El., "Replacing TBAs by Village Midwives," in Mangay-Maglacas, A., & Pizurki, H., (Eds), The Traditional Birth Attendant in Seven Countries. World Health Organization, Geneva, 1981.
6. El Tom, A.R., et al., "Family Planning in the Sudan: A Pilot Project Success Story," in World Health Forum, Volume 10, 1989.
7. Neumann, A.K., and Lauro, P., "Ethno-Medicine and Biomedicine Linking," Social Science and Medicine, Volume 16, pp 1817-1824, 1982.
8. Warren, Dennis, et al., "Ghanaian National Policy Towards Indigenous Healers: The Case of the Primary Health Training for Indigenous Healers (PRHETIH) Program," a paper presented to the annual meeting of the Society for Applied Anthropology, Edinburgh, April, 1981.
9. Stromberg, Jerome, "Education for Community Involvement: Experiences from the BARIDEP (Ghana) Project." in Carlaw, Raymond W. and Ward, William B., (eds), Primary Health Care: The African Experience. Third Party Publishing Company, pp. 83-103, 1988.
10. Hoff, Wilbur and Maseko, Nhlavana, "Nurses and Traditional Healers Join Hands," World Health Forum, Volume 7, 1986.
11. Green, Edward C., "Collaborative Programs for Traditional Healers in Primary Health Care and Family Planning," in Fyfe, C. & Maclean, U. (Eds), African Medicine in the Modern World. Proceedings of a Seminar, Centre of African Studies, University of Edinburgh, pp 115-144, December 1986.
12. Freund, Paul, "Traditional Healers and Diarrhoea: Results of a Recent Survey in Zambia," a paper presented at the American Public Health Association meeting in Chicago, Illinois, October 1989.
13. Saboor, Aminullah, "Traditional Practices of Medicine in Afghanistan," unpublished assignment report, World Health Organization Regional Office for Eastern Mediterranean, Alexandria, Egypt, December 1989.
14. Jeffrey, Roger, "Policies Toward Indigenous Healers in Independent India. Social Science & Medicine, Vol. 16, pp 1835-1841, 1982.
15. Institute of Cultural Affairs International, Eds., "Voices of Rural Practitioners: Self-Analysis of Local Rural Development Initiatives Worldwide, K. G. Saur Verlag, Munchen, pp 358-362, 1987.
16. Shrestha, Ramesh M. and Lediard, Mark. "Faith Healers: A Force for Change." A Preliminary Report of an Action Research Project, UNICEF, Kathmandu, 1980.
17. Oswald, I.H., "Are Traditional Healers the Solution to the Failures of Primary Health Care in Rural Nepal?", in Social Science & Medicine, Volume 17, No. 5, pp 255-257, 1983.
18. Mangay-Maglacas, A. and Pizurki, H., Eds., "Utilization of TBAs in Family Planning and Maternal and Child Care," Traditional Birth Attendant in Seven Countries: Case Studies in Utilization and Training, World Health Organization, Geneva, 1981.
19. Lee, Rance P.L., "Chinese and Western Medical Care in China's Rural Communes," World Health Forum, 3(3) pp 301-306, 1982.
20. Tan, Michael M., Querulin, Mila, & Rillorta, Tita, "The Integration of Traditional Medicine among Community Based Health Programmes in the Philippines", Journal of Tropical Pediatrics, Vol. 34, pp 71-74, April, 1988.
21. Nations, Marilyn K., et al., "Brazilian Popular Healers as Effective Promoters of Oral Rehydration Therapy (ORT) and Related Child Survival Strategies," PAHO Bulletin 22(4), 1988.
22. Mardiros, Marilyn, "Primary Health Care and Canada's Indigenous People," Canadian Nurse, pp 20-24, 1987.
23. Jilek, Wolfgang G. (Ed.), Traditional Medicine and Primary Health Care in Papua New Guinea, University of Papua New Guinea Press, September 1985.
24. Duale, Sambe, "The Role of Non-Physicians in Maternal Health and Family Planning in Karawa, Zaire", Preventing the Tragedy of Maternal Deaths: A Report on the International Safe Motherhood Conference, Nairobi, Kenya, 1987.
25. Lazorick, Donna, et. al., "Expanded Role for Midwives in Primary Health Care Delivery in Vietnam," an unpublished paper presented to the APHA Conference in New York, October, 1990.
26. Molzan, Janet, et. al., "Partnership for Primary Health Care: Harnessing Non-Governmental Resource," World Federation of Public Health Associations, Geneva, April, 1987.
27. Akerele, Olayiwola, "WHO's Traditional Medicine Programme: Progress and Perspectives," World Health Organization Chronicle, 38(2):76-81, 1984.
28. World Health Organization, "Traditional Medicine in Health Services Development," World Health Organization Regional Office for Africa, Brazzaville, 1981.
29. Good, Charles M., "The Community in African Primary Health Care: Problems of strengthening Participation and a Proposed Complementary Strategy," an unpublished paper submitted for the Takemi Program in International Health, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, June 1987.
30. Hoff, Wilbur, "Training Traditional Healers to Assist in the Control of Childhood Diseases in Swaziland," an unpublished paper presented to the National Council for International Health, Washington, D.C., 1986.
31. Werner, David, Hesperian Foundation, Palo Alto, California, a personal communication received July 1990.
32. World Health Organization, "Community Health Workers: Pillars for Health for All," unpublished report of the Interregional Conference Yaoundé, Cameroon, World Health Organization, Geneva, December 1-5, 1986.
33. Ministry of Health, Ghana. Dormaa Traditional Practitioners Project, 6 Year Report, 1986-1992, Dormaa, Ghana.
34. INI, "National Program of Traditional Indigenous Medicine", National Council of Traditional Indigenous Traditional practitioners, Mexico, Federal District, Oct. 1992.
35. Khan, Abdul Hai, "TBA, A survey report on knowledge, attitude and practice of traditional birth attendants", Christian Commission for Development in Bangladesh (CCDB), Dhaka, 1986.
36. Hai, M. A., "Training impact on the traditional birth attendants (TBA)", CCDB, Dhaka, 1988.
37. Wiebenga, Mariette, et. al. "Evaluation of the traditional birth attendants (TBA) programme", CCDB, Dhaka, 1992.
38. Mojumder, Abu Taher, & Baroi, Shankar Lal, "Evaluation Report on VERC-MCH Project", VERC, 1991.
39. Hoff, Wilbur, Guidelines for Training Traditional Health Practitioners in Primary Health Care. WHO/ICRI (in process of publication 1995).