(1999; 168 pages) [Spanish]
3.1 Course objectives
The aim of this course is to provide trainees with:
- an awareness of the importance of examining suspect pharmaceuticals in order to facilitate the inspector's decision whether or not to act;
- sufficient knowledge and skills to examine counterfeit pharmaceuticals;
- an understanding of the difference between counterfeit and substandard drugs;
- knowledge of the value and limitations of techniques for rapid examination, and the ability to make rational decisions about their use;
- the ability to justify legal action in the context of detection and prosecution.