An improved record system for tracing outcome of [transferred-out] DOTS patients
AbstractThis study in Pakistan aimed to develop an improved record-keeping mechanism for the DOTS programme to establish the final treatment status of patients recorded as [transferred -out]. In an intervention study in 40 DOTS diagnostics centres in Punjab province, a modification was made to the existing TB03 register. DOTS facilitators were trained to keep proper records of patients who transferred-out and transferred-in. Among 4442 registered cases, 104 patients [2.3%] transferred out of reporting centres. Correct matching of [-out and -in] patients was achieved for 74 [71.2%] patients; the remaining 30 [28.8%] were untraced. By tracing transferred-out cases, the adjusted outcome success rate increased in the intervention period from 89.6% to 90.9%
Shabbir, R., Iqbal, M., Anwar, E., Qadeer, E. & Ahmed, N. (2011). An improved record system for tracing outcome of [transferred-out] DOTS patients. http://www.who.int/iris/handle/10665/118083
EMHJ - Eastern Mediterranean Health Journal, 17 (2), 88-92, 2011
MetadataShow full item record
Showing items related by title and MeSH subject.
Opening remarks to the intercountry workshop on revised recording reporting for tuberculosis control and the electronic nominal recording and reporting system-ENRS, Cairo, Egypt, 2-5 April 2007 World Health Organization, Regional Office for the Eastern Mediterranean (2007)