The key actions for the health sector to improve and maintain the health of adolescents:
- Understand that adolescent health is essential for public health.
- Strengthen advocacy for adolescent health.
- Incorporate a focus on adolescents into all health policies, strategies and programmes.
- Use the response to adolescent health as an indicator of equity.
- Involve adolescents and maintain a positive perspective toward them.
- Support interventions that go beyond the individual adolescent.
- Improve the collection, analysis and use of data.
- Focus on universal health coverage for the second decade.
- Work with other sectors to improve the health of adolescents.
- Define and fund research priorities.